Overall privacy statement
We take your privacy very seriously. Because we gather certain types of information about our users we want to help you understand the terms and conditions surrounding the collection and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it, and how you can correct or change it.
What information does TechMarkets, LLC collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Because we derive revenue mainly from advertising, collecting information is essential to keeping our services affordable to users.
We collect personally identifiable information (which includes name, title, address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address) when you provide it to us, such as when you register on one of our sites, when you subscribe for a print magazine or an e-mail newsletter, register for one of our conferences or when you register to use certain services like webcasts, whitepapers or the TechMarkets, LLC IT Panel. Several of the services that we offer on our sites, such as Tips or Ask The Expert, may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with one of the TechMarkets, LLC network of sites you are no longer anonymous to us. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us.
How do you use single-pixel gifs?
TechMarkets, LLC and its advertisers may use single-pixel gif images, sometimes referred to as web bugs or web beacons, to count Web page accesses and gather some general statistical information. We do not gather personal information through the use of these images. Our advertisers may use single-pixel gifs that can track personal information from cookies that may have been previously placed on a user’s computer by an advertiser.
How does TechMarkets, LLC use the information?
We use the information we gather for these purposes:
- To customize the advertising and content you see
- To enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. In doing so, we continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in paid services, polls, contests, message boards, and auctions
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
How does TechMarkets, LLC share the information?
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We have engaged companies to work with us or on our behalf to provide a product or service that you have requested, such as opt-in e-mail announcements
- You use co-branded services. When you use a co-branded service within our network of sites you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
We are always seeking to improve our network of Web sites and our business. In accomplishing these objectives, we may buy or sell a company or one or more of the companies in our corporate family may merge with or be acquired by another company. If we sell a business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering.
We also give users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the edit profile pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site, provided, that you may not be able to utilize certain of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
Questions or comments?
Questions regarding this privacy statement, or regarding any other aspects of our network of sites, should be sent via e-mail below or to our corporate offices at
1806 NW 6th St, Unit A
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Attention: Member Services.
E-mail to contact us regarding a privacy issue. Please include the site you are referring to in your e-mail to us.